Sunday, July 10, 2011

Butterflies In Blue - Part 2

Good Morning,


Well, I had quite a busy day at my sewing machine. I finished sewing all the borders on the butterfly squares and have ironed the seams flat. The next step is to cut the Ivory Broadcloth fabric for the slashing between the individual squares and between the rows of squares.

Here are some pictures of the five squares...
Blueberry Butterfly with a yellow dot border
Brown Butterfly with a Blue Flower Border

Blue Paisley Butterfly with a Brown Border

Yellow Dot Butterfly with a Blue Paisley Border
Blue Flower Butterfly with a Blueberry Border
The last picture with the blueberry border is the fabric that inspired the whole quilt. I was given a couple of colour suggestions (some Stampin' Up! colours - Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla), but I have been given full creative control of this quilt (thanks Kristin). :D

I will be back later with some pictures of the rows (once they are assembled of course).

Until then,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment