Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Butterflies In Blue - Part 4

Good Evening,

So I finished the quilt back. I was originally going to have a row of butterflies on the back of the quilt (similar to the quilt top), but as I was nearing the end of the quilt top I was getting tired of butterflies. (2 butterfly quilts in a row will do that).

Instead of a row of butterflies I decided to do a row of 2" strips of the patterned fabric used on the quilt top, with a border around the row. The only thing that did not change in the design of the quilt back was having the remainder of the quilt back in the blueberry fabric. I figured that since the blueberry fabric was the first fabric chosen and inspired the whole colour/fabric selection that it was fitting for it to be the main focus of the quilt back.

Here are some more pictures.


The full quilt back.


The row of vertical strips.


A close up of part of the row of strips.

Despite the fact that I am getting tired of butterflies (and do not plan on making any more butterfly quilts in the near future) I am really happy about how this quilt is turning out. Wish me luck on the machine quilting - it will be my first large quilt that I will be machine quilting.

Tomorrow I will have some blocks made with some Stampin' Up fabric to show you.

Have a great night.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment