Wednesday, September 14, 2011

X's and O's - A Mini Quilt

So I have been quite busy over the past couple of days. I figured out the pattern for the quilt that I am planing on making with the new fabric that I bought (the blue and green fabric that can be seen here).



I started out and made 4 of the blocks. I was using scraps (again) and this particular black and white print is from the days when I would make clothes.


After making the four blocks I laid them out
 but couldn't decide whether I wanted to form the blocks in the shape of an X ...
  

Or in the shape of an O.


So I decided to make 4 more blocks and combined all 8 blocks.
And here is the result - has both the X and the O!  Then I added a white border...
  

Then added an orange/rust binding.
I really like how the orange binding just pops!

 

And here is a close-up of the binding.
  
I hope that you like the mini quilt...It is just big enough to be a short table runner!

Well, I am off to finish hand sewing the binding.
 Have a great night!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love your Spice Cake tea pots, this pattern and fabric is DEFINITELY my favourite of all of your work thus far. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! And the best part is that it is all made with fabric that was in my stash from back when I used to make clothes...I actually cut this out of a pair of capris that I never finished :)

    ReplyDelete