Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Butterflies In Blue - Part 3

Good evening,

I have had a busy couple of days, but have been very productive. The quilt top is DONE! Remember the pictures from this post? Well, I finished sewing the slashing between each of the squares, and the slashing above and below each row. I remember thinking - "this should be easy, I don't have to match up corners" - not quite, seeing as I had to make sure that the squares in each row were in line. It took some pinning and re-pinning, but I got everything to line up pretty well.

Here is a picture of all 6 rows sewn together (before the borders around the entire quilt).


And here is a picture with the borders sewn on. I worked out the pattern of this quilt using some Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper scraps, and then assembled each row. I originally figured that this quilt would be around 60" square, however it is currently around 65" square - a perfect size for a picnic/beach quilt or a quilt for two.



I will get a better picture of the quilt top once I have a couple extra bodies to help. It is hard to take a picture with the quilt hanging when it is just Jesse and myself. Mind you, he would love to be in the picture, but really couldn't hold it up for me to take a picture :D

I would love to hear what you think, so feel free to leave a comment.

Anyways, I am off to bed. Have a great night. Happy quilting!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment