Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some Past Projects

Good Afternoon 

Seeing as the Butterflies in Blue quilt is almost done (and I will be quite busy over the next few days working on the quilt back and quilting the top, batting and back together), I thought that I would share some of the projects that I finished prior to starting this blog.

After I finished Jesse's quilt, I had a few scraps. Seeing as I had promised to make a crate blanket for the puppy of one of my co-workers, Linda, I figured that making one that was similar to Jesse's - but smaller was a great way to use up the scrap fabric. Linda asked for the main fabric to be black (and not white), so this is what I came up with.

Linda and her dog both really like the small quilt. And it only took a few hours on a Sunday night to make. Gotta love it when a project comes together fairly quickly :)

Each of the scallop squares were cut using the BigShot machine, and the Scallop Square die. I love being able to cut fabric with the BigShot. It is so simple to cut multiple layers of fabric at once, and it saves on time too!!

That's all for now, but I will be back later to show you a small mug rug quilt (and will elaborate more as to what a mug rug is), and I will also show you a quilt that I am working on for myself.

Until then,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment