Saturday, October 1, 2011

Demo Event Card Swap

Good Evening!

I posted earlier today a picture of the fabric basket and card that I made for Heather Summers 'Demonstrator Only' Event today at Kings College. And now I will share with you more details about the card for the swap that I participated in.

Here is a picture of the card that I made (just in case you don't remember or didn't see the earlier post).

Here is what you need to make this card:

4 1/4' x 5 1/2' Whisper White Card Base
4' x 5 1/4' Pool Party Card Stock
3 1/4' x 2 1/4' Island Indigo Card Stock
3 1/8" x 2 1/8" Whisper White Card Stock
Calypso Coral and Island Indigo Markers/Ink Pads
Blender Pen
3/8" Ruffled Ribbon - Calypso Coral
Simply Soft Hostess Stamp Set
Pearls
Dimensionals
Big Shot
Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.


To start off, I sponged some Island Indigo ink around the edges of the pool party card stock, and then ran that piece through the big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. Then attached the Pool Party card stock to the card base.

Next I inked and stamped the outline image from Simply Soft. I inked the outline image in Calypso Coral and Island Indigo. (There are a couple of ways to do this - you can either use markers to ink the stamp...or you can ink the entire image in one colour, remove the colour from the parts that you want in a different colour with a blender pen, and then ink the parts that you just removed the ink from with a marker). I found that using the ink pad and blender pen/marker combination worked better than just using markers (it produced a nicer outline and image). Then I added the solid image, stamped off once on some scrap paper and then stamped within the outline (well, I tried - but some did not get right inside the lines - but that's OK with me).

I then attached the whisper white and island indigo pieces together, attached the ribbon and then using dimensionals, attached this layer to the pool party layer. There, all done. :)

Anyways, I am off to take some pictures of the cards that I received.

I will share some of those cards later.

Thanks for stopping by.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment