Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fabric Basket and a Swap...

Good Morning,

Well today is October 1st - which means that it is time for Heather Summers' - "Demonstrator Only" event at Kings College! This is the second one of her events that I will have been to, so I know a little bit about what to expect.

Before the day starts, there is going to be a 'convention style' card swap (which means full cards, and they have to be made with current Stampin' Up products). I have to admit - it was a bit of a challenge for me as I have been in sewing mode lately. I wanted to make a card that was new to me (as well as the rest of the swappers - two of which are friends and have seen most if not all of my cards). I struggled for about 2 weeks with the card but knew that I wanted to use the hostess stamp set "Simply Soft" as well as the new 2011-2013 In Colours. Once I decided on the card, they all came together fairly quickly.

This is what I finally came up with. I will post instructions on how to make this card a bit later.


And of course the cards needed to have a special basket to carry them. I made the basket so that it would match the messenger bag that I had made previously. You can see the bag here. I used Ayumi's fabric basket tutorial as an inspiration for this basket. You should check out her blog Pink Penguin. The only difference is that I made the basket a bit bigger. I was able to get all 30 swap cards in the basket and I love how it turned out.


And here is the bag with one of the cards next to it. I am glad that I took pictures of the card, because while there is a sign up for the swap it is not set in stone, so I may not wind up with any of my card (but that's OK because I can always make some more).



I hope that you like my little basket and swap cards.
Anyways, I am off to the event. It should be a lot of fun. I will share more later.

Until then,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment