Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Patchwork Wristlet and a Needle book

Good Evening,

I have been busy working at the sewing machine to finish some of the teapot mug rugs....and I am happy to report that I have  3 of the 6 almost completely done! All that is left is hand sewing the binding (and I am leaving that part until the weekend as I will be away from my sewing machine for 2 days).

So, knowing that I would have to bring a bunch of items to work on the binding (besides the mug rugs/mini quilts) - I thought that I should make something to hold them all.

Then I remembered that I had one of Ayumi's (of Pink Penguin) tutorials half finished and that the wristlet would work perfectly. Check out her blog and look through the many wonderful tutorials - I promise that you won't be disappointed. and I will apologize now for the time that you will spend making many of her lovely items :)

As for the needle book (which I neglected to take a picture of it by itself) - I made it using some fabric and batting scraps. You can't tell in the picture, but I machine quilted the outside of the book with straight lines before sewing the outside and inside pieces together. The ribbon that holds the book together was truly an after thought. I added it just before attaching another batting scrap piece on the inside (that's where the needles will be held). There are a few tutorials out there to make a sewing kit (one that would hold needles, thread, scissors etc) - but they were too involved for me.
(And if you want me to - I will make up a little tutorial on how I made the needle case).

So here they are: The Patchwork Wristlet and The Needle Book.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great night :)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment