Sunday, October 16, 2011

FWQAL - End of my week 2

Good evening all,

I have a wee update on my FQWAL blocks....and since there really is no time frame for these blocks (at least not right now) - I have only completed one block this week.

Now before I post a picture - I need to ask a favour - because I am not completely happy with how this block turned out. I like the fabrics that I chose for the block, just not the piecing.

I can admit that I thought that it might come together fairly easily (especially after how easily the teapots have been coming together) - but I was wrong. REALLY REALLY WRONG.

It probably would have helped if I re-read the instructions before assembling the block....I was good up until the point where I had to add the blue triangles...first I attached them to the seam to the left of the blue triangles to the green/white triangles, then thought that I attached them incorrectly, un-stitched it, attached them to the white square and then realized that I had them correctly the first time.

OK, so for the favour part...don't look too closely at the corners of the blue triangles....promise ?!? OK then I can post a picture.

Block #47 Homemaker

In my opinion this is probably one of the harder blocks in the book....and considering that there are only 18 people who have posted pictures of this particular block in the flickr pool (my block included), I would say that it is easy to assume that others feel the same way.

I think that once I get a few more of these FQWAL blocks done I may attempt this one again.  

Thanks for stopping by (and for not looking too close to my terrible corners) :)

Have a great night!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment