Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Spice Cake Teapot and Pumpkin Spice Bread...

I have been busy making Teapots and adding different handles to the original Teapot pattern - because how can one pour tea without handles?!? The second teapot that I have made uses Stampin' Up!'s Spice Cake fabric. I am REALLY liking this pattern (and I plan on making lots of teapots).

Here is a picture of the teapot.



And on the weekend, I had come across a recipe for some pumpkin spice bread and because I happened to have an can of pumpkin in the cupboard. On the weekend we made a batch to take up to my cousin's in Ancaster. The recipe makes two large loaves so we used the "pumpkin patch" loaf pan that we have (the bottom looks like a pumpkin patch when flipped upside down) and my mini loaf pans.

The can of pumpkin that I had was twice what the recipe called for, so I made some more today (using some mini loaf pans).

You can find the recipe On allrecipes.com (the link will take you right to the recipe). The recipe calls for cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. I didn't have any allspice and cloves so I used pumpkin pie spice instead (and I doubled the amount of spices that are called for in the recipe).

The pumpkin loaf is so good. It reminds me of Tim Hortons' pumpkin spice muffins.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment