Thursday, September 29, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt A Long...

So I received my new book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" by Laurie Aaron Lird today. I had ordered it online through Chapters last Friday (as well as "Glee Season 2 Vol 2 DVD - but back to that later). I am looking forward to looking through the book and reading the excerpts from the letters written by women in the 1920's.



There is a "Quilt-A-Long" that is being hosted by Angela (visit her blog Fussy Cut here for an intro of the Quilt-A-Long) and Amanda (I would provide a link to her blog - but none of the links that I have appear to be working - drats). This post at Fat Quarterly is what really got me interested in joining the Quilt-A-Long and learning some new blocks. If you want to join in too there is also a Flickr Pool that currently has just over 900 members and almost 5000 pictures of blocks for inspiration.

I have a couple of projects that I want to finish before I start making the blocks from the book and I figure that since I am starting late anyway what is a couple more days?!? I plan on starting with some simple blocks (until I can get the CD that comes with the book installed on my computer for the templates) and will post pictures of the blocks as I make them (probably 2-3 blocks at at time).

Anyways, I am off to go read some of the letters from the book and figure out what blocks are going to be best to start off with (after I finish making the mini fabric baskets that are cut and pinned of course!)

Hope to see you later,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment