Thursday, August 18, 2011

Butterflies in Blue - Update

Good evening,

So I am ALMOST done making the Butterflies in Blue quilt. All that is left to be done is hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt. I have to say - I really liked how this quilt turned out, but I have learned some lessons along the way. Like how it is harder to match up the borders than it would be to match up corners. I also learned that I think that I prefer a solid back (no piecing) and I am not sure that I like quilting large quilts - but of course this has to be done.

Once I get the binding sewn on I will take a picture before sending it off to its owner. :)

On a different note, I am feeling a wee bit tapped, creatively speaking. Not sure that I am ready to start working on another quilt yet, nor do I really want to make very many cards (except for workshops or card classes), but hey, I figure that I have enough card samples to keep this blog busy for the next little while. Who knows, maybe I will make some jewellery!?!

Anyways, I am off to work on my resume. Have a great night and happy crafting.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment