Friday, August 19, 2011

More card samples

Happy Friday everyone!

I have yet another card picture for you. This one uses the stamp set "Circle Circus". And I have to say that I LOVE the versatility of this particular stamp set. Only draw back is that it is currently only available in wood mount (but if you ever want to learn how to convert wood mounted stamps into cling let me know). What i LOVE about this set is that it can be used for basically anything. I have seen people use it for topiary trees, purses, background paper - you name it and it probably has been done. I believe that the stamp set has 10 stamps (off the top of my head) and I usually use it to make my very own DSP (designer series paper) - and there is no right or wrong way to make DSP.

For this card, I used one of the smaller circle stamps, cut them out as close to the edge of the stamp that I could and then adhered them to a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card. Oh, and did you know that this size card fits perfectly inside the same envelop as the 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card - which means no extra postage or having to find special envelopes.

Check it out!

 This card could easily be made into a (more traditional) 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card, and could be made even easier using a 1" circle punch, but I felt that the circles fit better without the small "border" around them.

Recipe for this card

Card stock - Whisper White, Island Indigo (one of the new in colours - love it!!)
Ink - Island Indigo, Calypso Coral and Kiwi Kiss (either the ink pads or the markers)
Accessories - Adhesive, pop dots (if you wanted to pop the centre circle)

See I told you that it was a simple card. This card could be made with almost any colour combination and the best part is that if you are a new stamper - it wouldn't cost too much to start out...rough estimate about $75 which would include the stamp set, a package of the in colour markers, the in colour card stock (assorted), and whisper white card stock (but that is because the very versatile stamp set for wood mount is $36.95 ). And you could easily make 30 + cards.

And I can show you how!! If you are interested in learning how to make this (or any card that you see here) let me know. We can schedule a workshop (where you can earn FREE Stampin' Up! product), or create a card class or club for yourself and some friends.

If you want more information, either leave a comment here or send an email (katie.doggart.stampin.up@gmail.com)

More cards tomorrow (made with Circle Circus) and some homemade DSP.

Until then. Happy crafting!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment