Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fabulous Florets Poinsettia

Happy Tuesday!

While trying to get some inspiration for cards to make using the Fabulous Florets stamp set, I stumbled upon a Christmas card. I know that it may seem early to be making Christmas cards, but if you start early enough then you don't have to be scrambling to finish your cards in December.

The card that inspired mine can be seen here. I love that the poinsettia petals were made using the Two Step Bird Punch. It makes them so simple to cut out and they are always the exact same shape.

Here is my card.


I used the Red Glitter Paper for the flower, and stamped the leave image from Fabulous Florets. The trick to assembling the flower is a small piece of card stock (I used a 1/2" circle) in behind the petals. Oh, and I used tombo glue instead of double sided tape or sticky strip as it allows for a bit of movement before it sets.

Recipe for the Card:

4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Whisper White Card Base
4 3/8" x 2 7/8" Pear Pizzaz
4 1/4" x 2 3/4" Whisper White
Fabulous Florets Stamp Set
Tombo Multi Purpose Adhesive
Red Glimmer Paper
Pearls
Red and White Ribbon

Tomorrow I will have some more Fabulous Florets cards that are great for any occasion.

See you later :)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment