Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Emotional Day

Good Evening All,

Well, today was a very very emotional day at work. It was the last day at work for me and many of my co-workers. We knew that this day was coming, and I think that pretty much every one is looking forward to the new opportunities in our futures, but it was difficult none the less. It was hard to say "goodbye" to people that I have been working with for the last 8 years (3 as agency staff, and 5 as a permanent employee) - so we tended to say "see you later" instead. I know that I will still see many of the co-workers that I am proud to call friends, but it will be weird to not see them everyday. I can say that I do not envy the co-workers who are still employed - it will be very different with the number of people that are no longer going to be at work. 

Today's card is being dedicated to Kim Savard. Kim is the one who first invited me to a Stampin' Up! workshop and got me started on card making (which was about 3 years ago).


I used the "Just Believe" stamp set to create this card. It is a little hard to see - but one of the layer of white card stock is embossed using the Finial Press embossing folder and the Big Shot.

Recipe for this card is as follows:

Stamps - Just Believe, Swirls & Curls Verses
Card Stock - Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink - Old Olive, Marina Mist
Accessories - Marina Mist 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope that you like the card. Have a great evening.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment