Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A 25 Patch Pillow...

Good Morning,

I just have a quick post today. I decided to make a pillow cover with some of the leftover fabric from my friend's butterfly quilt (not "Butterflies in Blue"). Marcia saw the quilt that I had made for Jesse, and decided that she wanted to make a similar one with butterflies and flowers. Marcia loves both butterflies and the colour purple and she found some purple butterfly fabric that she fell in love with. We took the fabric and cut out flowers and butterflies.



I had some scraps from the quilt and I decided to make a quilt. I made a 25 Patch Block. I used 25 2" squares, sewed them all together and then added a 3/4" white border, and then a 3 1/4" black border. I added a scrap piece of batting to the front and then machine quilted the top - just simple quilting: along each row in the 25 Patch Block, the edges of the white border and 1/4" on the inside of the black border.

Here are some pictures of the pillow.


Here is a picture of the pillow front before I quilted it.


And a picture of the finished pillow front.


And a picture of the quilt back.

I am sure that Marcia will love the pillow.

Anyways, I am off to do some crafting and creating.

Have a great day!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment