Monday, September 5, 2011

Pretty Fabric

Happy Monday to you.

I hope that you have had a wonderful long weekend so far. I have had some productive days (finishing 9 of the cartwheel blocks) and some not so productive days (only making one block yesterday). I tend to do most of my sewing in the evening, and unfortunately I did not get much done. I know - it would be easier to sew by natural/sunlight, but that doesn't happen very often :-)

I have been trying to figure out what quilt design that I am going to make. Hense the unproductive day - too many ideas floating around in my head. And not just quilt blocks - there are earring and card ideas there too!

I just realized with all the blocks that I have been trying out - that I have not posted pictures of the fabric (at least not on my blog, although they are on my facebook page).  So here they are.



This first one is going to be the quilt back.


First of the prints for the quilt top.


More Prints...the first 3 are part of a fabric line.


 This one has some imperfect stripes.


Peach fabric to match the striped fabric.


Small hearts and flowers. 


This one was a last minute find...And I love how it works with the other prints.


Original photo of the fabric together, before the last minute addition.

I am totally in love with these prints! And the fabric chosen is a little "out of the box" for me. I tend to gravitate towards blues and greens, not yellows/orange (which is prominent in some of the prints).

So, do you like the fabric?!? I sure do!! :D

I am now off to the sewing machine! I may be back later if I complete another block.

Have a great one!!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment