Sunday, September 4, 2011

Apples & Snowflakes

Good Evening,

You are probably wondering about the blog post title....admit it you are!!

I have been working on some more quilt blocks. Still trying to decide what design I want to make for my next quilt - and I figured that instead of creating a design with the  new fabric (and wasting some or all of it if I do not like the design) that I should play with fabric & scraps from my stash.

I am slowly going through some of the quilt blocks from Moda Bake Shop. The block that I made today is from the "Apple Crate Quilt" designed by Angela from Fussy Cut. You can find her blog here. I only made 1 of block A - and while I like this block I am not sure if I want it for the quilt (I think that I want something with slightly bigger pieces). Oh, and the fabric that I used has snowflakes all over it (and they are sparkly). Block B is basically the same block - but the fabrics are reversed (so where there is pattern on this block, it would be white on block B).

So, now you understand the blog post title!

Here is a picture of the block. It is hard to see the sparkles that are on the fabric, but trust me they are there.


I like the block, and with the size of the block I would not have to make too many to fill up a quilt (the unfinished block measures 14.5" x 16.5"). I think that it would also make a nice place mat if rotated. 

What do you think of this block?? I love to know what you think!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment