Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Mug Rug

Good Morning!

If you stopped by yesterday then you already know that I have a new quilt project in mind. I have gotten some lovely fabric in blues and greens, plus a white tone on tone with butterflies. Well, the fabric has been washed, dried and ironed. Seeing as I don't know how big of a quilt that I am going to make - I only bought a small amount of the fabric. Plus, I can always go back and get more if I need it which is better than having far too much fabric.

I decided that before I cut into the new fabric that I would test out the block with some scrap fabric. I used a quilting technique know as paper piecing (and then removed the paper before finishing the block). The block measured 7" square before finishing. I choose to turn the block into a Mug Rug. Mug Rugs are basically a small quilt - just big enough for a mug/cup and maybe a small snack.

The finished Mug Rug is just slightly more than 6" square and has been quilted "in the ditch" along the diagonal seams.

Here are some pictures of my first completed Mug Rug.




Mug Rug made with scraps from "Butterfly In Blues"

I hope that you like my little Mug Rug! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment