Friday, September 9, 2011

New Fabric & A New Quilt Project

Good Evening,

Well, I was going to switch gears and maybe start making some jewelry again. I want to have some new sets for the Etsy shop that I am planning on opening. But then while going through the quilting blogs on my Google Reader - I came across these squares made by Amy Smart (Click on over to her blog for a picture). I believe that the quilt blocks have been strip-pieced together and I found a tutorial online!! Yeah!!

I was inspired not only by the squares that she made but also her colour choices. So I wound up stopping at Fabricland (a fabric store here in Canada) and got some fabric in blues and greens.

Here is a picture of the new fabric (before I washed it)



It is hard to tell but the white fabric is a tone-on-tone fabric with butterflies.


I may even use some of the scraps from "Butterflies In Blue" as well.


Here is a picture of all the fabric together.

I am waiting (somewhat impatiently) for the fabric to be done in the washer/dryer and then I can start making the blocks. And who knows - maybe I will make some jewelry as well.

Anyways - I am off to iron some fabric (soon I hope!)

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by!

Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment