Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I think we have a winner...

Hello Again,

So I have been trying out some quilt blocks and think that I may have finally found the quilt design/block that I want to use.  I decided to try my hand at some HST blocks (for you non-quilters they are Half Square Triangles) and they can be arranged to make a number of things - one being a Pinwheel.

For my sample block I decided to keep it simple and just use 2 different fabrics (one patterned and one white). I forgot to take pictures along the way - but if you are interested in making your own quilt (or even just a couple of blocks) there are a couple of tutorials on Moda Bake Shop. You can check them out here and here. There is also a lovely quilt on Amy Smart's blog that uses HST squares as well - check it out here.

Here is the picture of the finished block. I managed to get the points pretty much in line. Yeah!! :D


I think that I might even make a few of these blocks into hot pads for Christmas too!!

What do you think??

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment